Thank you for volunteering! We are thrilled to have you join our team of volunteers. Click here for a list of helpful resources.
When you fundraise, you do so much more than collect funds. You also connect with friends and family by sharing life-saving information. And you’ll hear and perhaps share personal stories that inspire positive action.
You can fundraise and connect with friends and Neighbour in a combination of many different ways:
- Door-to-Door Fundraising
- Online Fundraising
- Workplace Fundraising
- fundraise on social platforms
- fundraise Friends and Family
And raising funds means we can continue to fund some of the best medical minds in the world.
Tips for Door-to-Door Fundraising
- Start early — you’ll have time to revisit homes where there was no answer.
- Register online just in case people are not home or prefer to donate by credit card, which they can do by searching for your fundraising page.
- Visit your neighbors in the early evening on weekdays, and during the day on weekends.
- Introduce yourself by your first name and as a Heart & Stroke volunteer who’s campaigning their neighbourhood.
- Donations of $20 or more are tax deductible. Please provide all donors with an interim receipt.
- Don’t be shy! Ask your friends, family and co-workers for a donation through your online Participant Centre.
Before the campaign
- Online Fundraising Tips
- How To Log In Online
- How To Register To Fundraise Online
- How to Send Fundraising Emails
- How to Update Your Personal Fundraising Page
- How To Find Your Fundraising Page Link
- Pre-written Messages
- Social Media Fundraising Resources