Thank you for volunteering! We are thrilled to have you join our team of volunteers. Click here for a list of helpful resources.
When you canvass, you do so much more than collect funds. You also connect with friends and family by sharing life-saving information. And you’ll hear and perhaps share personal stories that inspire positive action.
You can canvass and connect with friends and neighbours in a combination of many different ways:
- Door-to-Door Fundraising
- Online Fundraising
- Workplace Fundraising
- Canvass on social platforms
- Canvass Friends and Family
And raising funds means we can continue to fund some of the best medical minds in the world.
Tips for Door-to-Door Fundraising
- Start early — you’ll have time to revisit homes where there was no answer.
- Register online just in case people are not home or prefer to donate by credit card, which they can do by searching for your fundraising page.
- Visit your neighbors in the early evening on weekdays, and during the day on weekends.
- Introduce yourself by your first name and as a Heart & Stroke volunteer who’s campaigning their neighbourhood.
- Donations of $20 or more are tax deductible. Please provide all donors with a receipt, or as requested.
- Don’t be shy! Ask your friends, family and co-workers for a donation through your online Participant Centre.
Before the campaign
- Canvasser’s Role in Campaign
- Your Canvasser Kit
- Steps to a Successful Canvass
- Volunteer Guide
- Access the Virtual Heart Rally Video
- Online Canvassing Tips
- How to Register and Login Online
- How to Send Fundraising Emails
- How to Update Your Personal Page
- How To Find Your Fundraising Page Link
- How To Fundraise with Social Media
- Pre-written Messages
- Social Media Fundraising Resources