After active engagement in this program, participants will be better able to:
- Interpret the emerging clinical evidence and best practices to enhance prevention and ongoing management of people with vascular conditions including heart, stroke and vascular cognitive impairment.
- Apply strategies to reduce risk of heart, stroke and vascular conditions through secondary prevention, with a focus on nutrition and considerations for vulnerable populations and patients with multiple conditions including diabetes, kidney disease and cancer.
- Demonstrate integration of strategies for navigating through lifestyle and behavioural changes, with a focus on mindfulness, sleep health and smoking cessation.
- Identify connections between heart conditions, stroke, vascular cognitive impairment within patient populations.
- Describe the key role of patients, family, caregivers and community physicians in addressing system navigation through transitions of care, with a focus on improving participation, mental health and rehabilitation needs.