Tips & tools to help you Jump!
We appreciate all your hard work and support, and now it’s our turn to support you! We’ve got your back, and whether you’ll be holding your Jump event in school, or need to pivot quickly to a virtual experience, these tips, tools and resources will help you make your fundraiser a success, step-by-step!
Jump-tastic new videos!
Bring excitement to your event with our new video series, featuring animated hosts Hallie and Heartly
the Heart. These cool characters take students on a fun adventure to teach the importance of
practicing EASY healthy habits.
Share these videos in your online or in-person classroom:
Show this video about two to four weeks before your event to drum up excitement and teach why we fundraise and practice healthy habits.
Teachers’ Jump planning guide:
This step-by-step planning guide provides everything you need to organize your Jump event from planning to execution. Also find helpful tips on how to make your Jump event one you’ll never forget.
But first things first: If you haven’t already, register as Teacher Coordinator online to kick-start your journey so you can track your school’s fundraising progress, update your school’s fundraising page, and much more!!
3-4 weeks before your kick-off assembly:
- Review the Planning Video to learn more about the updates to this year’s program.
- Set your event goals, pick your Spirit Booster and plan your event!
- Fill out this Jump Planning Google Form to order your registration kit, select your event day, and fundraising goals, pick your Spirit Booster, and plan your event!
1-2 weeks before your kick-off assembly:
- Fill out this customizable Kick-off PowerPoint presentation help lead the assembly. It includes slides to personalize the presentation for your school, and an embedded video featuring our Jump Rope for Heart ambassadors, Heartly and Hallie, to get everyone excited about Jump!
- Review the Teacher Checklist (a handy summary of all resources that are available at your fingertips).
- Send the Save the Date E-Card to parents to make sure they know when your school is holding its Kick-off Assembly and Jump Day.
- If you ordered a registration kit, put up posters and Paper Heart displays around school.
- Include a Spirit Booster in your event. They engage students and staff, boost school spirit and build teamwork! Make sure to add your Spirit Booster(s) to your Kick-off presentation.
- Conduct your Kick-off Assembly in person or virtually using the customizable teacher PowerPoint presentation as a guide. It also includes the Kick-off Video (prize or no prize) featuring our fun, animated hosts Heartly and Hallie. Have fun hosting your Assembly!
- Send the Digital Parent Letter to parents following the digital Kick-off Assembly.
- Kids LOVE prizes! To make this year’s online gift card prizes more fun and tangible, we have designed this Wish List to give students an idea of what they can purchase at every prize level. Be sure to share with both students and parents!
Leading up to your event day
- Play the EASY Online Challenge with your students to
learn about EASY Healthy Habits
together, and try a fun new challenge each day.
- Create a friendly EASY healthy habit contest among students or classes. For example, which class is tracking the most days for eating more veggies/fruits? You can use some of the items from the registration kit as prizes.
- Teachers can also access a report in their Participant Centre to see which of your students have tracked which healthy habits for how many days.
- Use the Easy Healthy Habits resources
on our website as homework for your students.
- Log in to your Participant Centre to see who’s fundraising and to track each participant’s healthy habit streak. Check your top three fundraisers and allow them to select a prize from the Mystery Prize Pack that was sent in your Registration Kit.
- Use the Sample Email & Social Posts to share your school’s activities on social media.
- Use these School Announcements to start your school countdown to Event Day.
- Send the Parent Reminder to parents a few days before your event.
- Review the Teacher Media Toolkit for great information about #JumpRopeforHeart, and sample news releases you can use to promote your school’s fundraising.
- Start planning your event in advance. Virtual or in-person it’s your choice! Find ideas and tips using this Jump Activity Guide resource.
- Play this Event Day Video on your event day whether it’s in school or in your online classrooms.
- Use these Skipping Skills Posters for jump activity stations on Event Day or to help students develop their skills before the big day.
- Play this Spotify Playlist on event day or during your online event!
Participant Centre Resources:
Check out these great resources to help you get started online:
- Register Online as a Teacher Coordinator so that you can track your school’s fundraising progress, your students’ healthy habits, and more!
- Run a Report to see who’s online and track your school’s progress.
- Update your School’s Page with a photo and a personal message.
- Set your School Goal to give your students something to work towards.
- Share your School Page Link with supporters.
- Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to update your school’s fundraising page access and run reports.