Tips & tools to help you Jump!
We appreciate all your hard work and support, and now it’s our turn to support you! We’ve got your back, and whether you’ll be holding your Jump event in school, or need to pivot quickly to a virtual experience, these tips, tools and resources will help you make your fundraiser a success!
Jump-tastic new videos!
Bring excitement to your event with our new video series, featuring animated hosts Hallie and Heartly the Heart. These cool characters take students on a fun adventure to teach the importance of practicing EASY healthy habits.
Share these videos in your online or in-person classroom:
Show this video about two to four weeks before your event to drum up excitement and teach why we fundraise and practice healthy habits.
Event Planning Resources:
For helpful tips on how to make your Jump event one you’ll never forget, check out the following:
3-4 weeks before your kick-off assembly:
- Review the Planning Meeting Video to learn more about the updates to this year’s program.
- Have a virtual planning meeting with your Heart & Stroke Representative so you can set your event goals, pick your Spirit Booster and plan your event!
- If you’re unable to schedule a meeting, fill out this Google Form and we will make sure to share it with your representative!
1-2 weeks before your kick-off assembly:
- Review the Teacher-Check List (summary of all resources that are available at your fingertip).
- Send the Save the Date E-Card to parents to have them save your kick-off and event dates.
- If you ordered a registration kit, put up posters and Paper Heart displays around school.
- Register Online as a “Teacher Coordinator” to your school so you can track your school’s fundraising progress, update you school’s fundraising page, and much more!
- Download the Digital Kick-Off Video and share it with your entire school (select a date and time to show the video at your school or online in your school’s virtual classrooms).
- Send the Digital Parent Letter parents following the digital kick-off assembly.
- Kids LOVE prizes! To make this year’s online gift card prizes more fun and tangible, we have designed this Wish List to give students an idea of what they can purchase at every prize level. Be sure to share with both students and parents!
Leading up to your event day
- Log in to your Participant Centre to see who’s fundraising and to track each participant’s healthy habit streak. Check your top three fundraisers and allow them to select a prize from the Mystery Prize Pack that was sent in your Registration Kit.
- Use the Sample Email & Social Posts to share your school’s activities on social media.
- Use these School Announcements to start your school countdown to Event Day.
- Send the Parent Reminder to parents a few days before your event.
- Review the Teacher Media Toolkit for great information about #JumpRopeforHeart, and sample news releases you can use to promote your school’s fundraising.
- Start planning your event in advance. Virtual or in-person it’s your choice! Find ideas and tips using this Event Day Ideas resource.
- Play this Event Day Video on your event day whether it’s in school or in your online classrooms.
- Use these Skipping Skills Posters for jump activity stations on Event Day or to help students develop their skills before the big day.
- Play this Spotify Playlist on event day or during your online event!
Participant Centre Resources:
Check out these great resources to help you get started online:
- Register Online as a Teacher Coordinator so that you can track your school’s fundraising progress, your students’ healthy habits, update you school’s fundraising page and more!
- Run a Report to see who’s online and track your school’s progress.
- Update your School’s Page with a photo and a personal message.
- Set your School Goal to give your students something to work towards.
- Share your School Page Link with supporters.
- Please click here for a print-friendly version.