We’ve tried to answer many common questions below, but if you need additional help, please get in touch.
- Fundraising online means less admin costs meaning more dollars go towards research and more impact.
- Donors get their tax receipt immediately.
- Donate by credit card.
- Online fundraising is simple and can be done from the comfort of your home, anytime.
- It’s safe and secure!
Fundraising involves asking for donations and sharing lifesaving information with your neighbours, friends, family, co-workers.
You will be sharing women's heart and brain health statistics, as well as signs of heart attack and stroke.
We encourage you to set a personal fundraising goal of $400 or more.
You can collect money by reaching out to your networks with your personal fundraising page link and asking them to make a donation directly to your page. You can do this via email or social media. For suggested content and tips, click here.
Your Participant Centre is your gateway for fundraising online! Use your Participant Centre to:
- Share your story - Customize your personal page, using compelling pictures, text, even video!
- Make the first donation a self-donation - lead the way and kick off your fundraising!
- Shout it from roof tops - Share your page via email and social media. Make it known that you’re helping save lives!
Check out our Useful Links to learn more
We’ve made it easy for you! Check out our email and social media resources that have customizable messaging for you to email to your contacts and share on your social media platforms.
- Ensure that you are getting a receipt. If not, don’t donate.
- Never donate at the door to someone who does not have professional looking identification.
- All Heart & Stroke canvassers are knowledgeable in our mission.
- If you have concerns, please contact Heart & Stroke’s general hotline at 1-888-473-4636.
Heart & Stroke is committed to privacy and Payment Card Industry Security Standards. For this reason, credit card donations are only accepted online through our secure site. Donors can donate directly on a canvasser’s personal fundraising page. Click here to search for a canvasser.
Online: when you donate online, you will receive your official tax receipt via email immediately. If you do not receive your tax receipt, please reach out to email@example.com to request a new one.
Offline: you will receive an official tax receipt via mail by February 28th the following year.
Heart & Stroke adheres to CRA guidelines and must account for all tax receipts that have been printed and distributed which is difficult to do when in the hands of thousands of volunteers. Interim tax receipts allow for strong tax receipt control, tracking, and reporting.
We’d be happy to hear from you! Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research will continue to benefit men AND women. This new focus on women’s heart and brain health research will ensure balanced, representative and equitable studies that shed light on the differences between men and women, so that both may be diagnosed and treated appropriately.
Did you know that raising funds online using email and social media could significantly boost your fundraising? Even if you’re not very active online, your network is powerful and ready to help.
Or if you are interested in starting a Facebook Fundraiser, please read these guidelines. Alternatively, you can post on Facebook using the text available when you click on the red Facebook button.