You can’t beat Event Day ‐ June 5!
This is a day of celebration! Have an exciting, fun-filled day of making an impact and inspiring your supporters! See and hear moving stories from researchers and survivors along your route. It’s easy!
On June 5 (or any day in June), simply log into the app and you’ll be prompted to begin your Event Day experience. You can customize and track your progress along one of our digital heart maps.
Enjoy this special day by making every beat count and sharing in the common goal of beating heart disease and stroke together. Here’s everything you need to know to make the most of this heart-filled day!
Event Day inspiration
- Be inspired and compliment your event day experience by watching our virtual start and finish line messages when it works for you!
- Warm-up video - Kick-off Event Day by revving up with All Day Fit. Watch their warm-up video made especially for you.
- Start line video Get pumped before you start your ride, run or walk with our community of Heart & Stroke supporters from across the country.
- Finish line video You’ve done it and crossed the virtual finish line! Along with a special message from our title sponsor, Manulife, it’s time to celebrate all of your accomplishments.
- We’ve created special event day content to keep you inspired as you ride, run or walk. Listen to some Ride for Heart supporters about why Heart & Stroke means so much to them. You’ll hear from:
- Melanie, a Team Manulife rider, about why Heart & Stroke means so much to her family.
- Dr. Parï¿½, a Heart & Stroke researcher, will share how Heart & Stroke helps all Canadians and brings hope for the future.
- Rob, a Heart & Stroke supporter who wants to say a big thank you for all you do.
- You can’t beat saving lives and your fundraising efforts are helping us do just that. Together, we’re funding researchers like Dr. Janice Eng, whose work is giving new hope to those recovering from stroke. To check out her inspiring story, click here.
Check out our full event day guide here!
Exciting app features!
Get the full Event Day experience through our Ride for Heart app. Features include:
Set an Event Day distance goal, choose a player icon, and select the heart-shaped map you want to complete!
Unlock milestones as you progress through your route and get inspired by survivor and researcher stories, and thank you messages.
Watch for special announcements throughout the day.
Share your Event Day celebrations in the NEW Community Hub and post to your social pages!
Make June 5 a day to celebrate!
Here’s how to make this a day to remember:
Login to the Ride for Heart mobile app
- Access special Event Day content, and choose your virtual heart map and player icon.
- Have fun tracking your progress as you complete your route.
- Track your fundraising progress.
- Get motivated with special audio and video messages from survivors and researchers.
- Share your excitement and achievements on the NEW Community Hub and your social channels.
Have fun completing your route
- Ride, walk or run the route you created in Google Maps, one of our virtual heart maps in the app or a route of your own, and help save lives!
- Complete your activities at your own pace, on June 5, or any day in June.
Connect, share & celebrate with heart!
- Kick-off Event Day by revving up with All Day Fit watch their warm-up video made especially for you.
- Wear your support your participant bib, VIP jersey, or Corporate Challenge shirt.
- Write the name of the person you are sharing your heart for on your participant bib.
- Connect with other participants through our NEW Community Hub on the app.
- Check out our fundraising and activity leaderboards to see where you rank among all of our supporters.
- Share your photos and Event Day fun and successes on social media using #HeartAndStrokeRideAsOne.
How to gear up
Here are some ideas on how to prepare for Event Day on June 5:
Download our exciting Ride for Heart mobile app to select your virtual heart map and get the full Ride experience!
Download and decorate your printable finish line and participant bib and use the colouring sheet for family fun.
Get warmed up while listening to your Event Day playlist on Spotify.