You can’t beat Event Day!
Today you're making an impact and inspiring your network with a community of survivors, caregivers, and supporters nationally. You'll see and hear unique and moving stories from researchers and survivors.
It’s a special day for sharing your heart and beating heart disease and stroke together. Here’s everything you need to know to make the most of this heart-filled day!
Event day inspiration
Be inspired and compliment your event day experience by watching our virtual start and finish line messages when it works for you! (Also, available in our App when you complete your customized virtual heart map).
- Start line video - Get pumped before you start your ride, run or walk with our community of Heart & Stroke supporters from across the country.
- Finish line video - You’ve done it and crossed the virtual finish line! Along with a special message from our title sponsor, Manulife, it’s time to celebrate all of your accomplishments.
We’ve also created special event day content to keep you inspired as you ride, run or walk. Listen to some Ride for Heart supporters about why Heart & Stroke means so much to them. You’ll hear from:
Make June 6 a day to celebrate!
Here’s how to make this a day to remember:
Login to the Ride for Heart mobile app
- Access special Event Day content, and choose your virtual heart map.
- Personalize your heart map theme and player icon and have fun tracking your progress as you complete your route.
- Track your fundraising progress and goals.
- Get motivated from start to finish with special audio and video messages from survivors and researchers.
Complete your heart-shaped route
- Ride, walk or run the route you created in Google Maps, or one of our virtual heart maps in the app, and help save lives!
- Complete your activities at your own pace, any time on June 6.
Share your heart
- Wear your support your participant bib, VIP jersey, Corporate Challenge shirt, or special Ride apparel from our Heart & Stroke shop.
- Write the name of the person you are sharing your heart for on your participant bib.
- Hang heart-shaped window clings (from your participant kit).
- Share your photos and heart-shaped route on social media using #HeartAndStrokeRideAsOne.
How to Gear Up
- Plan your heart shaped route.
- Download our new Ride for Heart mobile app and select your virtual heart map.
- Check out the items in your participant kit.
- Order shirts & other items from the Heart & Stroke shop by May 14 to receive by Event Day.
- Decorate your printable finish line and cheering signs and use the colouring sheets for family fun.
- Get warmed up while listening to your Event Day playlist on Spotify — Heart Beats by Manulife.
- Get active leading up to Event Day with our weekly challenges.
- And keep fundraising to help support lifesaving research!
A message from Manulife
Manulife is proud to return as title sponsor for the 34th Manulife Heart & Stroke Ride for Heart! We are committed to helping Canadians live healthy, active lives, while empowering them to make decisions that can help them be healthier and live longer. As you and your fellow participants from coast to coast are gearing up to ride, walk and run, Manulife thanks you for your commitment to supporting life-saving heart and stroke research. Stay safe and have a wonderful event day!