I'm excited to be participating in the 75K route in the Manulife Ride for Heart on June 7, 2020, in support of the Heart and Stroke Foundation. This will be my fifth consecutive Ride. My Grandpa Goldie passed away of a stroke on October 9, 2006. I will be riding in his honour.
WHY SHOULD YOU DONATE?
- 1 in 5 deaths in Canada are caused by heart conditions. That’s a life taken every 10 minutes.
- 80% of premature heart conditions are preventable through healthy lifestyle choices.
- Stroke is the 3rd leading cause of death in Canada.
- More than 400,000 people in Canada are affected by stroke and this number is expected to double by 2038.
- More than half of people experiencing a stroke arrive at hospital too late to receive time-sensitive therapies.
In addition to raising money for this worthy cause, I'm also on a mission to spread the message about FAST, the best way to learn and recognize the signs of a stroke. Only 13% of Canadian adults know all the entire FAST acronym:
FACE - is it drooping?
ARMS - can you raise both?
SPEECH - is it slurred or jumbled?
TIME - call 9-1-1 right away
Please help me achieve my goal of $2,500 in honour of my grandpa. Over the past four years, I have hit this goal, raising more than $10,000 for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!